What I learned from patient death
Nicola Looby @NicolaLooby Third-year adult nursing student, Studying in Jersey with the University of Chester
A placement on an end of life care ward showed one nursing student the importance of reaching out for support
Having been fortunate enough not to have much experience of losing a loved one, coping with the death of a patient was my biggest fear when starting my nursing degree.
32, 22, 36-36.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now