Bethann Siviter Independent nursing consultant, Birmingham
With an overstretched NHS – and homelessness on the rise – nurses can reach out to offer seamless support
A homeless man was sitting out front of the supermarket. He had a visible burn on his hand. I bought him some lunch and asked him about the wound. It was infected, looked painful and needed care. I cleaned and dressed it (first-aid kits are great things to have) and asked if he could see his GP.
Primary Health Care. 28, 3, 19-19. doi: 10.7748/phc.28.3.19.s19
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now