Switching from practice to teaching opened my eyes
Stephanie Bryan Assistant lecturer, Birmingham City University
An assistant lecturer reflects on the challenges and rewards of her first year teaching students practical skills in a clinical setting
Last year I left clinical practice and took a job as an assistant lecturer at Birmingham City University. It was a big change for me after five years in a clinical setting as a paediatric intensive care nurse and diabetes specialist nurse.
Nursing Standard. 32, 24, 35-35. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.24.35.s29
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now