Senior staff still afraid to reveal their sexuality
There remain few LGBT role models in senior leadership positions in the NHS, and this lack of progress is shocking
My first encounter with anyone who openly called themselves lesbian was when I was a nursing student. I was working on a female medical ward and I arrived on a late shift to receive handover from the ward sister, who explained that a patient had taken an overdose in a suicide attempt.
Nursing Standard. 32, 27, 29-29. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.27.29.s20
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now