LGBT nurses: Out at work in Germany and the UK
With this year’s LGBT History Month having an international theme, freelance health journalist Hadley Stewart talks to German and British nurses about the progress, or lack of it, for LGBT patients and healthcare staff
‘I was newly qualified and working on a busy high dependency unit in a large city,’ recalls UK nurse John Gilmore-Kavanagh. ‘One of the patients on the unit was a gay man in his seventies, who was coming to the end of his life after several years of having a long-term condition.
Nursing Standard. 32, 27, 26-27. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.27.26.s19
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now