Can I access my friend’s medical records for her?
Accessing medical records without justifiable reason is something you absolutely must not do. Not only are you in danger of breaching the Nursing and Midwifery Council code, you could also face being charged with a criminal offence.
Nursing Standard. 32, 24, 30-30. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.24.30.s21
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now