Ask for support from all corners of your life
Amanda Cheesley @cheesley_amanda RCN professional lead for long-term conditions and end of life care
Serial bereavements put Amanda Cheesley under great stress, so a compassionate employer was essential
Over the past four years I have looked after my younger sister while she was dying from breast cancer, then cared for my oldest friend before her death from the same disease. I also had two sudden bereavements – an old friend who died from sepsis and my cousin from a catastrophic brain stem bleed.
Nursing Standard. 32, 24, 29-29. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.24.29.s20
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now