Opiates for the people
Bethann Siviter Independent nursing consultant, Birmingham
Why are an increasing number of vulnerable patients who are in chronic pain being deprived of strong painkillers?
A recent summit in the West Midlands, held by the Police and Crime Commissioner, proposed that heroin be given free on the NHS to drug misusers in safe, nurse- and doctor-supported ‘fix’ rooms.
Primary Health Care.
28, 1, 17-17.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now