Opiates for the people
Bethann Siviter Independent nursing consultant, Birmingham
Why are an increasing number of vulnerable patients who are in chronic pain being deprived of strong painkillers?
A recent summit in the West Midlands, held by the Police and Crime Commissioner, proposed that heroin be given free on the NHS to drug misusers in safe, nurse- and doctor-supported ‘fix’ rooms.
Primary Health Care.
28, 1, 17-17.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now