Free online resource offers support for breastfeeding women
Julie Penfold Freelance health writer
A homemade website is helping to boost the UK’s breastfeeding rates
An NHS infant feeding lead who is passionate about increasing breastfeeding rates has devoted hours of her own time to create a free online education resource, the Breastfeeding Companion, to support breastfeeding mothers. Breastfeeding provides many benefits to mother and baby yet rates in the UK are among the lowest in the world.
Primary Health Care. 28, 2, 8-9. doi: 10.7748/phc.28.2.8.s7
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now