The future of health visiting is under threat
Karen Stansfield Head of department, Education and quality, Institute of Health Visiting
A reduction in the take-up of health visitor training places could be made worse by the new apprenticeships
The take-up of health visitor training places has fallen over the past three years in many higher education institutions (HEIs). Without a viable cohort of students it will be difficult for HEIs to deliver education programmes – and once programmes are closed the likelihood of reopening them is small.
32, 13, 29-29.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now