Taking time to support ourselves – and each other
Kayleigh Peel Staff nurse, cardiothoracic surgery, University Hospitals Birmingham, University of Birmingham
The role of newly qualified nurse can be overwhelming, making it even more important to learn how to build resilience and de-stress
I recently started my career as a registered nurse on the cardiothoracic surgical ward where I had completed my final placement as a student.
32, 24, 38-39.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now