Rose Gallacher Staff nurse, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow
A CPD article improved Rose Gallacher’s knowledge of the importance of reflection in nursing practice
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article defined reflection, and demonstrated how it can be used to support nurses’ revalidation with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. It also explained various models of reflection that nurses can use in their practice.
32, 12, 64-65.
The reflective account in this issue is based on NS842 Nicol JS, Dosser I (2016) Understanding reflective practice. Nursing Standard. 30, 36, 34-40
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now