Possible multi-year pay deal has opportunities – and risks
The first of a Nursing Standard series on pay looks at one possible outcome of the 2018 pay negotiations – a multi-year deal
Nurses’ unions say a multi-year pay deal signalled by the government could work if it contained competitive benefits and lifted pay – but there are risks attached. Health and social care secretary Jeremy Hunt revealed in December that the government would be calling for a multi-year agreement in negotiations on the 2018 pay round for nurses.
Nursing Standard. 32, 24, 12-14. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.24.12.s10
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now