NICE guidance on intermediate care and reablement
Petra Kendall-Raynor Freelance health journalist
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence has issued new guidance on intermediate care, setting out how health and social care professionals can support people to be independent following a hospital stay or if they are struggling at home. The guidance covers how to assess intermediate care needs, including setting goals with the individual so that they can manage the problems they are experiencing.
Nursing Standard. 32, 24, 15-15. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.24.15.s11
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now