HIV testing and diagnosis
Georgina O’Reilly-Foley Nursing student, Southend University Hospital, Southend-on-Sea
A CPD article enhanced Georgina O’Reilly-Foley’s understanding of testing for, and early diagnosis of, human immunodeficiency virus
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed the importance of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) testing. It outlined the testing policy for HIV, what nurses need to know about HIV testing, and the stigma and discrimination people with the condition might experience.
32, 3, 64-65.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now