Don’t be afraid to try again
Grant Byrne Second-year nursing student, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Dropping out of your nursing course may seem like failure, but not if you use the time to re-group and re-assess before applying to return
‘Failure is not fatal,’ so the saying goes, but it is fair to say that leaving my nursing course in 2015 felt like the death of my career.
Nursing Standard. 32, 9, 35-35. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.9.35.s40
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now