Relaxing FtP sanctions has risky implications
Trish Morris-Thompson Visiting professor, Nursing and midwifery leadership at Bucks New University
Will these COVID-19-related decisions affect public confidence in the nursing profession, asks a former NMC advisory panel member
Actions taken by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) in response to COVID-19, including the decision to open a new part of the register for nurses and midwives who wish to return to work to support front-line staff, are admirable.
Nursing Standard. 35, 7, 37-37. doi: 10.7748/ns.35.7.37.s15
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now