Parent participation in post-operative care improves a child’s experience of day surgery
Jackie Vasey Principal lecturer in child nursing, University of Huddersfield, on behalf of the RCN’s Research in Child Health Community
Day surgery, which would have previously resulted in at least one night in hospital, has become more prevalent due to the recognised and accepted benefits of reduced hospital stay for the child and family (RCN 2015).
Nursing Children and Young People.
29, 9, 22-22.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now