Consent to organ donation may be presumed UK-wide
In 2015, Wales introduced a system of presumed consent to organ donation except where the individual concerned or their family specifically opts out. At this year’s Conservative Party conference, prime minister Theresa May announced there would be a consultation on introducing presumed consent in England.
Nursing Children and Young People. 29, 9, 5-5. doi: 10.7748/ncyp.29.9.5.s1
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now