Mental health nursing students insufficiently prepared to care for those with learning disabilities
Stacey Atkinson Matron/manager, inpatient services for people with learning disabilities and lead nurse, St Mary’s Hospital, Leeds
People with learning disabilities have a high prevalence of mental health needs and it is the norm for many people with learning disabilities to be nursed in generic mental healthcare settings.
Learning Disability Practice.
20, 5, 11-11.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now