Taking responsibility during handovers
Jacqueline Price Principal lecturer and lead for adult and primary healthcare CPD, The University of Hertfordshire
Nurses and paramedics must find ways to improve transitions in and out of emergency departments
We have all seen headlines about ambulance crews spending hours waiting to take patients into ‘too full’ emergency departments (EDs). We know there is an issue of safety when patients are handed over, with a limited supply of space and skilled ED staff to care for them.
25, 7, 15-15.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now