From school nurse assistant to inspirational educator
Queen’s Nursing Institute fellow Dame Elizabeth Nneka Anionwu reveals why she is commi ed to championing the fight against sickle cell disease
Political with a small ‘p’ is how Dame Elizabeth Nneka Anionwu describes herself. Her endless campaigning to raise awareness of sickle cell disease and for healthcare professionals to have a greater understanding of other cultures has brought about changes across the NHS.
Primary Health Care. 28, 3, 10-11. doi: 10.7748/phc.28.3.10.s8
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now