General practice nurses must be included in roles reimbursement scheme
Crystal Oldman Chief executive, Queen’s Nursing Institute
The Queen’s Nursing Institute (QNI) was cautiously optimistic that the Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme (ARRS) would help develop the nursing workforce in primary care, but is disappointed that general practice nurses (GPNs) are not included. As the nursing role is not ‘new’ and GPNs are not considered ‘additional’, the role does not fit the criteria of the scheme.
Primary Health Care.
33, 5, 5-5.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now