Dry skin conditions: an evidence-based focus on natural oatmeal emollients
Julie Van Onselen Independent dermatology education nurse specialist, JVO Consultancy – education in dermatology
Dry and itchy skin conditions are extremely common in all age groups and can affect up to one quarter of the population. They are uncomfortable and distressing and can affect quality of life and interaction with others. An understanding of the causes and reasons behind dry skin conditions, and the treatment options, including natural oatmeal emollients, will enable nurses to work with patients to ensure symptom relief.
Primary Health Care.
21, 2, 31-38.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now