Writing an article provided a chance to gain valuable feedback
Nelson Selvaraj, a lecturer in adult nursing at Cardiff University, found writing an article for publication a daunting task, but says the overall experience was hugely rewarding
Converting an academic assignment into an article for a journal requires commitment and a different approach to writing. As a novice academic writer, I felt daunted at the thought of converting my master’s dissertation into a manuscript for publication – it seemed like one of the most challenging academic tasks of my nursing career.
Nursing Standard. 32, 30, 65-65. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.30.65.s38
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now