Take the time to spot the patients who need extra reassurance
Senior staff nurse Donna Cutler puts compassion into action by giving her patients time to discuss concerns, says Melissa Cuevas, pre-assessment ward and outpatient manager
Watching Donna care for an older woman who was due to have surgery demonstrated how she puts care, compassion and thought into her work.
Nursing Standard. 32, 8, 65-65. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.8.65.s47
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now