Take the time to spot the patients who need extra reassurance
Senior staff nurse Donna Cutler puts compassion into action by giving her patients time to discuss concerns, says Melissa Cuevas, pre-assessment ward and outpatient manager
Watching Donna care for an older woman who was due to have surgery demonstrated how she puts care, compassion and thought into her work.
32, 8, 65-65.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now