Tina Price Staff nurse, outpatients, Sandwell General Hospital, Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust, West Bromwich, England
A CPD article improved Tina Price’s knowledge of diagnosing acute limb compartment syndrome
The article provided useful information for nurses on acute limb compartment syndrome (ALCS). It discussed the severity of ALCS and the urgency of diagnosing the condition, as well as describing the signs and symptoms.
Nursing Standard. 32, 8, 64-65. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.8.64.s46
This reflective account is based on NS890 Limbert E, Santy-Tomlinson J (2017) Acute limb compartment syndrome in the lower leg following trauma: assessment in the intensive care unit. Nursing Standard. 31, 34, 61-71.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now