Surprise recognition taught me the value of showing appreciation
A glowing nomination for an award gave Jaime Hyde-Wyatt new confidence in her practice and highlighted the importance of acknowledging the contribution of colleagues
As a critical care outreach clinical nurse specialist, I dip in and out of people’s lives, usually during highly stressful events. These critical moments when patients are seriously ill and sometimes deteriorating are difficult for patients, their families and staff.
Nursing Standard. 32, 26, 65-65. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.26.65.s37
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now