Patient’s choice showed me the power of ‘little things’
Grant Byrne Third-year nursing student, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
When a patient declined to eat toast because it was cut the wrong way, it challenged a student to reassess his ideas about nutrition and care
It was my first day on a new placement, and John (not his real name) wouldn’t eat his breakfast.
34, 3, 51-52.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now