So proud of associates’ work
I’m a trainee nursing associate with 14 years’ experience as a healthcare support worker. I have all the grades to go for nurse registration if I wish, but at the moment I am extremely excited about this new role. Enrolled nurses were missed when the role was taken away. I’m so glad the government has realised that taking that role away left a void and put pressure on the registered nurses. I’m happy and proud to be a part of filling that gap and happy to be regulated and accountable for the care I give. I’m glad that the hard-working, extremely skilled support workers have been given a chance to develop further.
Nursing Standard. 32, 9, 30-30. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.9.30.s33
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now