Put your head above the parapet
Be prepared to stand up for what you believe in, says NHS Blood and Transplant chief nurse Catherine Howell
After qualifying as a nurse in Bristol in 1987, Catherine Howell worked in gynaecology and end of life care. She has spent 25 years with NHS Blood and Transplant in senior nursing and management roles, and is chief nurse, diagnostic and therapeutic services. She was awarded an OBE this year in recognition of her services to nursing.
Nursing Standard. 32, 7, 37-37. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.7.37.s47
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now