Pamela Madlakama Staff nurse, Connect House Care Home, Nottingham
A CPD article improved Pamela Madlakama’s understanding of the prevention of these skin and tissue injuries in frail older people
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed how the incidence and severity of preventable pressure ulcers can be used as an indicator of quality of care. It established that nurses have an essential role in managing and preventing pressure ulcers in frail older people and emphasised the importance of patient education and teamwork.
32, 5, 64-65.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now