Invest in district nurses if you want to cope with winter pressures
NHS England chief executive Simon Stevens announced that 2,000-3,000 extra hospital beds will be freed up to help the NHS cope with winter pressures. This is understandable given the growing number of frail, older people with complex long-term conditions who have an increased risk of falls during winter, are vulnerable to exacerbations of their illnesses or may require additional care at the end of life.
Nursing Standard. 32, 8, 28-28. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.8.28.s26
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now