How much time do nurses spend at the bedside?
Various factors lie behind conflicting figures about the direct care nurses give, explains Keith Hurst
Recent reports indicate that registered nurses (RNs) spend between 35 per cent and 46 per cent of their working day at the bedside (see box, right).
24, 52, 14-14.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now