Linda Thorley Deputy nurse manager, Rock Cottage Care Home, Staffordshire
A CPD article improved Linda Thorley’s knowledge of the importance of nursing handovers and clear communication
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article explored the role of handovers in healthcare settings, including the various types and functions, the structured frameworks that can be used, and the potential effects of an ineffective handover.
32, 7, 64-65.
This reflective account is based on NS901 Ballantyne H (2017) Undertaking effective handovers in the healthcare setting. Nursing Standard. 31, 45, 53-61
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now