‘Don’t follow others’ expectations’
Listen to yourself and take the career path that fulfils you, says nursing home matron Sue Paxton
After qualifying as a nurse in the late 1970s, Sue Paxton worked on a female medical ward and in theatres before training in midwifery. She worked as a midwife and again as a nurse, then became a clinical teacher at Wycombe General Hospital in Buckinghamshire. She is matron at the Leonard Pulham Nursing Home in Buckinghamshire.
Nursing Standard. 32, 5, 39-39. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.5.39.s43
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now