Delirium: spotting the signs at home
Erin Dean Freelance health journalist
When older people develop delirium, it can be the start of a cycle of declining health. An RCN campaign aims to improve early identification of the syndrome in the community, and reduce the need for hospital admissions
Up to 30% of patients on medical wards, up to 50% of surgical patients and around 14% of care home residents are believed to have delirium, but this serious condition remains poorly understood among healthcare professionals.
Nursing Standard. 32, 9, 22-24. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.9.22.s23
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now