Can the goal of gender balance ever justify a men-only bursary?
Plan to entice male applicants to a degree course prompts debate about fairness
Nursing has always been a female-dominated profession. While applications from men for nursing courses have risen significantly in the past decade, there is some way to go before the profession achieves anywhere near gender parity.
32, 4, 12-13.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now