When discharge goes wrong
Ruth Williams Freelance journalist
According to Healthwatch, thousands of people treated in hospital remain longer than is clinically necessary because of administrative delays or lack of community care. This results in unnecessary distress for patients and additional strain on the NHS.
Nursing Management. 24, 8, 11-11. doi: 10.7748/nm.24.8.11.s13
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now