Brexit should not be seen as death sentence for the NHS
Jan Draper Professor, Nursing at The Open University
With just under a year to go before the UK leaves the EU, a new approach to recruiting and retaining nurses is needed
To put it simply: without nurses, the NHS doesn’t work. Yet recent statistics from NHS Digital (2018) suggest that in certain areas of Britain healthcare organisations have been hiring just one nurse for every 400 jobs advertised.
25, 1, 21-21.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now