Staff shortages are at the heart of the winter crisis
If the NHS is not in crisis then it is making a good impression of being in one. If it looks like a crisis and feels like a crisis, then many would say it is a crisis. Politicians and NHS leaders may not agree with such an assessment but whatever it is called, working in the NHS during the winter is hard, particularly when there are too few staff. For many of them, this feels like a crisis.
Nursing Children and Young People. 30, 01, 5-5. doi: 10.7748/ncyp.30.01.5.s1
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now