‘Dig deeply into the health issues that concern patients’
Nursing professor Sally Thorne’s research has focused on how patients experience chronic illness and cancer care
When and why did you develop an interest in research?
It was a surprise because I entered my master’s programme with a mindset of research courses being a hurdle to overcome on the way towards doing real work. Then I found out that I was fascinated by the implications of methodology for our understanding of knowledge in nursing.
25, 2, 9-9.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now