Unfilled posts pile further pressure on NHS staff
The NHS in England and Wales is facing a tough winter, no matter what the weather will be. But the situation is going to be especially challenging this year because there are 7,600 nursing and midwifery vacancies in mental health services, which equates to one in ten posts being unfilled.
Mental Health Practice. 21, 2, 5-5. doi: 10.7748/mhp.21.2.5.s1
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now