A community nurse reflects on changes wrought by the COVID-19 pandemic
Clare Mechen Queen’s Nurse, Nurse manager at the Adam Practice, Poole, and Poole Central Primary Care Network
Nurse manager Clare Mechen’s diary shows how the effects of COVID-19 began to unfold and how she and colleagues responded in the early weeks
I’ve been watching the world news and seeing the devastation in China caused by this new strain of coronavirus (later named COVID-19). I’m beginning to realise this situation is very real, although I’m still not really believing it will affect the UK.
Primary Health Care.
30, 3, 16-17.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now