Improving respiratory health in Wales
Erin Dean Freelance health writer
One in 12 adults in Wales has a respiratory condition and respiratory diseases caused more than 16% of all deaths in 2016. Wales has the highest prevalence of asthma in Europe. The National Survey for Wales 2016-17 found that 19% of adults smoke and 59% of adults are overweight or obese. Smoking and obesity are major contributory factors to the levels of respiratory disease.
Primary Health Care.
28, 5, 10-10.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now