Integrated care and ‘virtual wards’ help prevent unnecessary hospital admissions
Erin Dean Freelance health writer
A new model of care sees multidisciplinary teams monitoring older people with deteriorating health
Primary healthcare nurses are helping to keep frail older people in their homes and out of hospital with a revolutionary ‘virtual ward’. These wards operate in the same way as hospital wards, but the patient stays at home as much as possible.
Primary Health Care.
28, 6, 8-9.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now