Using non-invasive ventilation in acute wards: part 2
Philip Woodrow Practice Development Nurse, Critical Care, East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust, Canterbury
The second part of this article on non-invasive ventilation (NIV) examines the use of bilevel non-invasive ventilation, discussing the differences between CPAP and bilevel NIV. It also focuses on how to assess and monitor patients receiving either CPAP or bilevel NIV, and patient outcomes.
18, 2, 41-44.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now