One in two people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime, says Cancer Research UK, and it is responsible for more than a quarter of all deaths in the UK. An estimated 5,000 lives could be saved each year in England if cancer diagnoses were made earlier.
29, 47, 17-17.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now