The power of my own mental health journey
Francesca Hufton Third-year mental health nursing student, Canterbury Christ Church University in Kent
Experience as a service user may at first seem like a barrier, but lived experience of illness is an asset in nursing
My desire to become a nurse was driven entirely by my own experiences of being a mental health service user.
35, 10, 41-42.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now