Planning for pandemic influenza
John Alcock Lecturer in nursing studies, Bangor University, Wales
John Delieu Lecturer in anatomy, Bangor University, Wales
This article summarises current knowledge about avian (H5N1) and pandemic influenza and highlights recommendations for healthcare workers caring for infected patients.
Nursing Standard. 22, 3, 35-39. doi: 10.7748/ns2007.09.22.3.35.c4634Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now